Chatham Kent Import Car Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatham Kent Import Car Club

Welcome to Chatham's Premier Import Car Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Old School Supra

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Donn29

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-03-30

Old School Supra Empty
PostSubject: Old School Supra   Old School Supra EmptyFri Mar 30, 2007 9:20 pm

From Blenheim.

Currently doing body work, and driving it. I keep getting sick of my daily ('97 Swift), plus need to do some engine work on it. Down to 35MPG, YUCK!

Will put up some pics later.
Back to top Go down
JDrev

JDrev

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-03-21

Old School Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Supra   Old School Supra EmptySat Mar 31, 2007 1:36 pm

Welcome!
You're from Blenheim too? Cool. I haven't seen that car around...not yet anyway. Those old Celica/Supras are getting to be a rare find. My father-in-law has the absolute cleanest white '89 Turbo with the targa roof you've ever seen. I'm trying to get him to buy some 18" bronze staggered rims for it and lower it just a bit. Aside from a new head unit and some speakers and some crappy American Racing 5 spokes it's stock. I think he drives it 3 times per year. I get pissed at him every summer! It's a gorgeous car though.
Back to top Go down
Donn29

Old School Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Supra   Old School Supra EmptySat Mar 31, 2007 1:55 pm

Is it black?

I think these cars don't really need to be lowered all that much. They look quite perfect already. Looking at a '89 Turbo from Toronto for $2500 not sure though.
Back to top Go down
JDrev

JDrev

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-03-21

Old School Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Supra   Old School Supra EmptyMon Apr 02, 2007 10:59 am

No, his car is white on burgundy interior. It has the sport package too from that year that came with white trim on the exterior where the base models had black/grey. You're right, they don't need to be lowered much. I think it would look good down 1" to give it a bit more aggressive stance and help handling. It's a nice tourer, but not much of a sharp handler at this point. She's a bit of a tank! If it were mine I'd be swapping springs/shocks, sway bars, bushings...all the suspension components as well as adding strut braces front/rear and new rims. Power is another area I would modify it, but the 7MGTE engines are notorious for blowing head gaskets. Is it worth it? Still debating that one.....
Back to top Go down
Donn29

Old School Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Supra   Old School Supra EmptyMon Apr 02, 2007 11:26 pm

HG's aren't a big problem, the factory spec for headbolt torque is just too low.
They don't call 'em piggy's for nothing....
7M-GTE can handle a bit more boost than stock quite easily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Old School Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Supra   Old School Supra Empty

Back to top Go down

Old School Supra
Page 1 of 1